Preparation of theses for the degree of Doctor of Sciences is carried out at the Institute of Oceanology in the following areas:
Earth sciences 05.06.01
- specialty "Oceanology" - 25.00.28
Biological sciences 06.06.01
- specialty "Hydrobiology" - 03.02.10
- specialty "Ichthyology" - 03.02.06
Defense of doctoral dissertations pass to the sessions of three specialized dissertational councils.
- Dissertational Council D 002.239.02.
The Council has the right to take a thesis on the specialty "Oceanology" - 25.00.28 and award the academic degree of a doctor and scientific degree of the candidate of physical and mathematical sciences, geographical sciences.
- Dissertational Council D 002.239.03.
The Council has the right to take a thesis on the specialty "Oceanology" - 25.00.28 and award the academic degree of a doctor and scientific degree of candidate of geological and mineralogical sciences, technical sciences.
- Dissertational Council D 002.239.01
The Council has the right to take a thesis on the specialties "Hydrobiology" -03.02.10 and "Ichthyology" -03.02.06. and award the academic degree of a doctor and scientific degree of candidate of biological sciences.
Admission to and training in doctoral studies is carried out in accordance with the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of April 4, 2014 No. 267 "On Approval of the Regulations on Doctoral Studies"
The application for admission to the doctoral candidacy of the IO RAS is submitted to the director of the Institute, the following documents are attached to the application:
- a copy of the diploma of awarding the scientific degree of Candidate of Science;
- a list of published scientific works;
- two photos 3x4;
- a copy of the work record book;
- a letter-petition signed by the head of the sending organization, certified by the seal;
- an extract from the protocol of the meeting of the Academic Council of the IO RAS on the approval of the topic of the doctoral dissertation ;
- a detailed plan for the preparation of a doctoral dissertation.
The identity document and the degree of Candidate of Sciences are provided by persons who make an attachment.
The order to attach to the Institute for the preparation of a doctoral dissertation is published by the director of the Institute on the basis of the conclusion of the relevant laboratory and the decision of the Academic Council of the Institute after signing an agreement on paid provision of educational services and payment of attachment in accordance with the signed agreement.