Chairman of the Academic Council of the Physical Direction
- Corresponding Member. RAS, D.Sc. Zavyalov Pyotr Olegovich.
Scientific Secretary of USFN
- Ph.D. Ginzburg Anna Ivanovna (499) 129-19-54
The Scientific Council of the Physical Direction (UFSN) was established under the Scientific Council of the IO RAS in accordance with clause 5.14 of the Charter of the IO RAS and is guided in its activity by the Charter of the IO RAS. The work of the USFN is led by the Deputy Director of the Institute of Physical Sciences of the Russian Academy of Sciences in Physical Sciences. The number of members of the CSSA and its composition are determined by a conference of employees of the Physical Sector.
Scientific Council of the Physical Direction:
- Recommends the approval of programs and plans for research, expeditionary research, international scientific cooperation
- Considers the issues of material and technical support of the planned works, scientific and scientific-organizational activities of the Physical Direction (sector)
- Discusses, evaluates and approves the most important results of the activity
- Conducts discussion of current scientific problems and hears scientific reports
- Hears and recommends for defense doctoral dissertations of employees of the sector
- Approves the composition of the Certification Commission of the Physical Sector
- Develops and approves a system of performance indicators of scientific activities of employees of the Physical Sector
- Discusses and approves structural changes in the Physical Sector
- Considers other issues provided for by the Charter of the Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences and related to the activities of the Physical Direction
- Nominates representatives from the Physical direction to the Scientific Council of the IO RAS and formulates the proposals of the Physical Sector to the Scientific Council of the IO RAS for solving scientific and scientific-organizational issues.
USFN is authorized to take decisions if at least half of its payroll staff are present at the meeting. When determining the quorum, members of the council who are absent for a good reason (leave, illness, business trip) are not considered. The decisions of the USFN are made by a simple majority of votes by open vote (unless the Scientific Council decides on the need for a secret ballot).