Staff of the Laboratory:
1. Ryabchenko Vladimir Alekseevich, Head of Laboratory, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics
2. Gorchakov Victor Anatolievich, Senior Researcher, Ph.D.
3. Dvornikov Anton Yurievich, Senior Researcher, Ph.D.
4. Loza Svetlana Nikolaevna, Researcher, Ph.D.
5. Martyanov Stanislav Dmitrievich, Researcher, Ph.D.
6. Isaev Alexey Vladimirovich, Senior Researcher, Ph.D.
7. Pugalova Svetlana Stepanovna, Lead Engineer
8. Voloshchuk Ekaterina Vasilyevna, Lead Engineer
The main direction of research
Modeling of biogeochemical cycles and marine ecosystems under different climatic conditions in high-latitude regions of the World Ocean.
New directions of research.
Within the framework of the main theme, it is planned to analyze the variability of the current state of the northern high-latitude seas with the aim of isolating the "weather" component and extreme situations (floods, storms, blooms of harmful algae, etc.) according to modeling results and available observational data.
- Grant of the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) No. 13-05-00652, Project Manager V.A. Ryabchenko, "Model assessments of climate interaction, marine ecosystems and oceanic carbon cycle", 2013-2015, participants A.Yu. Dvornikov, V.А. Gorchakov, S.D. Martyanov, S.S. Pugalova.
- International grant of the RFBR No. 16-55-76021 (ERA_a), the Russian group leader V.A. Ryabchenko, "The impact of dangerous phenomena of the future climate on the marine ecosystem in the Baltic and Barents Seas", 2016-2018, participants A.Y. Dvornikov, S.D. Martyanov, A.V. Isaev, R.E. Vankevich, T.R. Eremina.
- Project of the Fund for Perspective Investigations "Aquatoria", Project Manager A.A. Rodionov, 2015-2018, participants V.A. Ryabchenko, A.Yu. Dvornikov, S.D. Martyanov, V.А. Gorchakov.
- Grant of the Russian Science Foundation (RSF) No. 14-05-00095, "The World Ocean in the 21st Century: Climate, Ecosystems, Resources, Disasters", supervisor P.O. Zavyalov, 2015-2018, participants V.A. Ryabchenko, E.V. Voloshchuk, S.D. Martyanov
Participation in international and national conferences
1. V.A. Ryabchenko et al. "Storm surges in the easternmost Gulf of Finland during operation of the Flood Protection Barrier of St. Petersburg". The Baltic Earth Workshop "Natural hazards and extreme events in the Baltic Sea region". Finnish Meteorological Institute, Helsinki, 30 January 2014.
2. S.D. Martyanov "Modeling of sediment resuspension in Neva Bay during strong wind events". Baltic International Symposium (BALTIC), 27-29 May 2014, Tallinn, Estonia.
3. E.V. Voloshchuk et al. "Assessement of biogeochemical changes on the sediment-water interface due to the large scale Marenzelleria spp. invasion in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland”. 12th international conference LITTORAL 2014, Facing Present and Future Coast Challenges, 22-26 September 2014, Klaip?da, Lithuania.
4. S.D. Martyanov and V.A. Ryabchenko (poster). "Sediment resuspension in Neva Bay: results of 3D numerical modeling". Baltic Earth - Gulf of Finland Year 2014 Workshop "Modeling as a tool for sustainable development of the Gulf of Finland-Baltic Sea ecosystem", 24-25 November 2014, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE), Helsinki.
5. T. Eremina, E. Voloshchuk, A. Maksimov and V. Ryabchenko (poster). "Biogeochemical changes on the sediment-water interface due to Marenzelleria spp.iInvasion in the Eastern Gulf of Finland ". Baltic Earth - Gulf of Finland Year 2014 Workshop "Modeling as a tool for sustainable development of the Gulf of Finland-Baltic Sea ecosystem", 24-25 November 2014, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE), Helsinki.
1. Dvornikov A., Sein D., Ryabchenko V., Gorchakov V., Pugalova S. (poster). 2015. The seasonal and inter-annual variability of sea-ice, ocean circulation and marine ecosystems in the Barents Sea: model results against satellite data. EGU, General Assembly 2015, Vienna, Austria, 12 – 17 April.
2. Eremina T., Voloshchuk E., Maximov A., Ryabchenko V. (poster). Possible future consequences of Marenzelleria spp. invasion in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland: results of diagenetic sediment model. 10th Baltic Sea Science Congress, June 15-19 2015, Riga, Latvia.
3. Ryabchenko V., Gorchakov V., Dvornikov A. (poster) Impact of sea ice cover on phytoplankton primary production in polar seas: The case study of the Barents Sea. Abstracts, 26th General Assembly of the International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG). Prague, Czech Republic, June 22 – July 2, 2015. Joint Inter-Association Symposium JC1 Sea Ice in the Arctic and Southern Oceans (IACS, IAMAS, IAPSO).
4. Voloshchuk E. Assessment of biogeochemical changes in the sediments of the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland due to invasion of polychaete Marenzelleria spp. International advanced PhD course on «Impact of climate change on the marine environment with special focus on the role of changing extremes», August 24 - 30 2015 Ask? Laboratory, Sweden.
5. Eremina T., Isaev A., Voloshchuk E., Ryabchenko V. New approach to model benthic layer with impact of bioirrigation activity of Marenzelleria spp. in the Gulf of Finland. Gulf of Finland Trilateral Co-operation, November 17-19, 2015, Tallinn, Estonia.
6. Voloshchuk E. “Role of irrigation activity of polychaetes Marenzelleria spp. in biogeochemical changes in the bottom sediments of the Gulf of Finland”. IV Scientific and Technical conference of young scientists and specialists of MAG-2015 "Applied technologies in hydroacoustics and hydrophysics", St. Petersburg, October 14-16, 2015.
7. Martyanov S.D. “Modeling of the marine ecosystem and the carbon cycle in the Barents Sea”. IV Scientific and Technical Conference of Young Scientists and Specialists of MAG-2015 "Applied Technologies of Hydroacoustics and Hydrophysics", St. Petersburg, October 14-16, 2015.
1. Dvornikov A., Sein D., Ryabchenko V., Gorchakov V., and Martjyanov S. (poster) Model estimating the effect of marginal ice zone processes on the phytoplankton primary production and air-sea flux of CO2 in the Barents Sea. EGU, General Assembly 2016, Vienna, Austria, 17 – 22 April.
2. Isaev A., Eremina Т., Savchuk O., and Ryabchenko V. Model estimates of the impact of bioirrigation activity of MARENZELLERIA spp. on the trophic state of the Gulf of Finland ecosystem. EGU, General Assembly 2016, Vienna, Austria, 17 – 22 April.
3. Vladimir Ryabchenko, Anton Dvornikov, Tatjana Eremina, Alexey Isaev and Stanislav Martyanov. Possible consequences of the construction of the NPP "Hanhikivi-1" for the marine environment of the Gulf of Bothnia: model estimates. The 1st Baltic Earth Conference “Multiple drivers for Earth system changes in the Baltic Sea region”, Nida, Curonian Spit, Lithuania 13 - 17 June 2016.
4. V. Ryabchenko, V. Gorchakov, A. Dvornikov, S. Martyanov, S. Pugalova. Estimating the effect of ice on the primary production of phytoplankton in the Barents Sea (based on three-dimensional modeling). National Scientific Conference with international participation, dedicated to 50th anniversary of St. Petersburg Branch of the PP Shirshov Institute of Oceanology, Rusian Academy of Sciences. St. Petersburg, Russia, April 12-14, 2016.
5. V.A. Ryabchenko (poster). Principal results of the Laboratory of Ocean Biogeochemical Cycles Modeling of the SPBIO RAS. International Symposium "70 Years of the World Ocean Study". Moscow, Russia, Institute of Oceanology. Shirshov Institute of RAS, September 12-13, 2016.
6. Voloshchuk E.V., Eremina T.R., Maksimov A.A. Investigation of the distribution patterns of polychaetes Marenzelleria spp. in the eastern part of the Gulf of Finland. Youth scientific conference "Integrated research of the seas of Russia: operational oceanography and expeditionary research", Sevastopol, April 25-29, 2016.
7. Voloshchuk E., Eremina T., Isaev A. Assessment of bioturbation activity of Marenzelleria spp. in the eastern Gulf of Finland. The EMECS'11 Sea Coasts XXVI conference: Managing risks to coastal regions and communities in a changing world. - August 22-27 2016, Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
The most important publications
besides those listed below in the Most important results
Ryabchenko V.A., V.A. Ryzhov, A.S. Averkiev, V.A. Gritsenko, M.B. Shilin, T.R. Eremina, A.V. Isaev, E.V. Sofyina, A.Yu. Dvornikov. Computer technolologies for the educational level. Study guide.–St. Petersburg, RSHU, 2014. 68 p. (ISBN 978-5-86813-394-7).
Eremina T.R., Bugrov L.Yu., Maksimov A.A., Ryabchenko V.A., Shilin M.B., 2014. Chapter 5.2. Baltic Sea. In the book: The second assessment report of Roshydromet on climate change and their consequences on the territory of the Russian Federation. V.M. Kattsov, S.M. Semenov, ed., Roshydromet, p.615-643.
Martyanov S., Modeling of sediment resuspension in Neva Bay during strong wind events // Baltic International Symposium (BALTIC), 2014. IEEE/OES, pp. 1–5. ISBN: 978-1-4799-5707-1, DOI: 10.1109/BALTIC.2014.6887882.
Gogoberidze G., Karlin L., Abramov V., Lednova J., Isaev A., Khaimina O. Main results of summer oceanographic surveys in the Eastern Gulf of Finland in the framework of the TopCons Project // 14th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Geo-Conference SGEM 2014. Geo-Conference on Water Resources, Forest, Marine and Ocean Ecosystems. Conference Proceedings. Volume II. 17-26 June, 2014, Bulgaria. – pp. 645-652. ISBN 978-619-7105-14-8 / ISSN 1314-2704. DOI: 10.5593/sgem2014B32.
Vazyulya S., A. Khrapko, O. Kopelevich, V. Burenkov, T. Eremina, A. Isaev. Regional algorithms for the estimation of chlorophyll and suspended matter concentration in the Gulf of Finland from MODIS-Aqua satellite data // OCEANOLOGIA, 56 (4), 2014. pp. 737 – 756. doi:10.5697.
Vankevich R.E., E.V. Sofina, V.A. Ryabchenko. Modelling the spring-summer evolution of the thermohaline structure in the Gulf of Finland on the basis of a three-dimensional hydrodynamic model of high resolution // Fundamentalnaya i prikladnaya gidrofizika. 2015. V. 8, No. 2. P. 3-9.
Martyanov S., V. Ryabchenko. Bottom sediment resuspension in the easternmost Gulf of Finland in the Baltic Sea: a case study based on three dimensional modelling. Continental Shelf Research, 117, 2016, pp. 126-137. DOI : 10.1016/j.csr.2016.02.011.
Vankevich Roman E., Ekaterina V. Sofina , Tatiana E. Eremina, Vladimir A. Ryabchenko, Mikhail S. Molchanov, and Alexey V. Isaev. Effects of lateral processes on the seasonal water stratification of the Gulf of Finland: 3-D NEMO-based model study. Ocean Sci., 12, 987–1001, 2016. doi: 10.5194/os-12-987-2016. www.ocean-sci.net/12/987/2016/.